Movement has been my primary language as well as my life-long passion and study. The foundation of my experience is Modern Dance and Movement Improvisation, which I began studying in 1976. I danced in a company that was based in performing improvisation from 1980-1989. I graduated from the University of Maryland in 1986 with a B.S. focusing on Dance, Kinesiology and Poetry. Dance led me into in-depth studies of Authentic Movement, Yoga and BodyMind-Centering. I completed a two year training in Hakomi Body Centered psychotherapy in 1996 and received my yoga teacher certification from Erich Schiffmann in 1998.
In January of 2003 I was introduced to Continuum Movement. I have studied intensively with both Emilie Conrad and Susan Harper as well as many other Continuum teachers. In 2007, I was authorized by Emilie Conrad to teach Continuum.
Currently, I am a member of the Continuum Teachers Association and offer weekly classes and workshops in Durham, North Carolina at my own beautiful movement space, Spanda Studio. I also travel and offer virtual classes in various bodies of inquiry I have created including Alchemy of Eros, the Primordial Depths retreat, Liquid Love, Elemental Continuum, Diving to Write and The Cosmic Breath. I also work with clients one on one for embodiment mentoring both in person and virtually.
This teacher has stepped back from active teaching at this time.
- Continuum Teacher Mentor - one on one mentoring for those who are interested in teaching Continuum
- Virtual classes - ongoing weekly classes, usually in six week series
- Embodiment Mentoring private sessions - local & virtual
Workshops & Classes
- Living in the Tides of Eros & Thanatos
- Resonant Body Immersion: Practical Explorations of our Sublime Nature
- Alchemy of Eros: A Journey of Whole Being Radiance
- Primordial Depths Retreat: An Inquiry into Origins
- Diving to Write
- Elemental Continuum: Human Body as Earth Body
- Liquid Love
- Weekly Continuum Classes